Business Process Re-Engineering
Analyze and redesign of workflow within and between enterprises. The methodology includes five activities:
- Prepare for re-engineering
- Map and analyze As-Is process
- Design To-be process
- Implement re-engineered process
- Improve continuously
1. Organize around outcomes, not tasks.
2. Identify all the processes in an organization and prioritize them in order of redesign urgency.
3. Integrate information processing work into the real work that produces the information.
4. Treat geographically dispersed resources as though they were centralized.
5. Link parallel activities in the workflow instead of just integrating their results.
6. Put the decision point where the work is performed, and build control into the process.
7. Capture information once and at the source.