Top-level planning is essential for companies aiming to be profitable whilst delivering customer satisfaction. The translation of company strategy into business plans and schedules requires excellent master planning. This is one of the more difficult tasks for a management team to accomplish consistently and successfully. It requires accurate information, sound judgment and the good management of inter-departmental politics, resolving the natural conflicts that may exist between the objectives of the departments involved.
- Demand planning and demand management - forecasting, order servicing, other demand
- Source data for forecasting
- Forecasting techniques
- Order entry and customer service
- Business planning
- Sales and operations planning - concepts and implementation
- Resource planning - medium to long-term capacity planning
- Concepts of master production scheduling
- Developing and managing the MPS
- Rough cut capacity planning - short to medium-term capacity planning
- Final assembly scheduling
- Links with other manufacturing and business functions
- Management implications of master planning
The course will help the participants to develop or be more aware of the processes to create sales and operations plans, resource plans, master schedules and the final assembly schedule, using the demand coming in from the marketplace.
Participants will leave the course with a clear picture of how to complete a successful master plan.
Who this course is for
This course is aimed at all those who are involved in converting demand in the marketplace and the company business strategy into an achievable supply chain.
3 Days (24 hrs).